Laser Dentistry is a comfortable, convenient Periodontal laser gum thereapy treatment available to all of our patients. Just as laser technology has revolutionized other medical fields in the past few years, lasers have changed how dentists treat patients. At Dentistry by John Barras, our team takes advantage of laser equipment to treat gum disease. Modern laser dentistry makes periodontal treatment more convenient and painless than ever before. Dentistry by John Barras feels that by seeking treatment promptly patients can avoid tooth loss and other serious complications.
This young man came in wanting to have implants placed since he was missing laterals. After just a few visits at Dentistry by John Barras, this young man was able to get the smile that he was looking for. Dr. Barras was able to replace missing teeth with something permanent and very natural.
Keeping your gums healthy may help keep your lungs healthy too. According to a new study published in the Journal of Periodontology, researchers found patients with gum disease had an increased risk for respiratory infections such as pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Previous research has linked gum disease to chronic inflammatory diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and rheumatoid arthritis.
It’s another reason why regular check-ups to your dentist are important. Healthy gums means a healthier body.
Too see the full article about the study, please visit the American Academy of Periodontology.
When you look in the mirror at your smile, what do you see? Are you happy? Or, do you dread looking at your teeth? According to a national survey conducted by the American Dental Association, Crest and Oral-B, Americans deem the smile as the most important physical attribute. The majority of Americans know they should be taking excellent care of their teeth and gums but only one-third think they do an excellent job. You can improve your smile with many easy steps.
- Brush two times a day and floss once a day – It’s easy, simple and the best way to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Teeth Whitening – As we age, our teeth change color. Add in soda, tea, coffee, wine and tobacco, and your white smile can quickly disappear. The good news is there are more economical ways to have whiter teeth. Several over-the-counter teeth whitening treatments do work well and are affordable. On your next visit to DENTISTRY by john barras dds, our dentists can recommend specific brands. If your teeth are badly stained or you want fast results, you’ll need a more intense whitening treatment. We recommend Zoom! Teeth Whitening. In just 45 minutes, your teeth will appear eight shades whiter. The office procedure can be done over your lunch hour. The results last longer and the process is easy.
- White Fillings – If you’re embarrassed to smile because you have old silver fillings, you can have those replaced with tooth colored or white fillings. Composite or white fillings bond to your teeth better than silver; therefore creating a stronger tooth. White fillings also require less removal of your tooth. White fillings do require advanced training. The technique to place a white filling is different than a silver or amalgam filling. All the dentists at DENTISRY by john barras dds are specially trained in white fillings. To find out more, you can book a consultation with our office.
- Invisalign - Have your teeth shifted as you’ve gotten older? Or, were you unable to have braces when you were younger because of financial costs? Invisalign is a new procedure for straightening your teeth that doesn’t require the silver braces on the front of your teeth. Clear, nearly invisible aligner trays are worn over your teeth for 9 to 15 months. The trays slowly shift your teeth into a straight smile. Invisalign is a great option for adults who are sensitive to their crooked teeth but don’t want to wear traditional braces.
- Porcelain Veneers - If you have crooked, chipped, or stained teeth, porcelain veneers can help you have a Hollywood smile. A veneer is a thin tooth colored shell that is fixed to the front of your tooth. If you see someone with a beautiful, white, straight, even smile, it’s very possible that they have porcelain veneers.
All of these procedures are available our Houston cosmetic dentistry office. Please call us to schedule your appointment. If you’re intimated by costs, don’t worry. We have interest free finance plans to help you get your Hollywood smile.
We’re up and running on Facebook and Twitter. Click on our icons to follow us! We’re giving away a free Zoom Teeth Whitening once we get 100 FB fans and 50 Twitter followers. Spread the news so you can win!
Imagine hiding your smile. Avoiding cameras. And laughing with your mouth shut. For people embarrassed by their teeth, it’s common to do all three of these things. But, they don’t have to live their lives like that forever. Seeing a cosmetic dentist for a smile makeover can literally change their lives forever.
Two years ago, we were introduced to Omar Perez. You could tell he was full of personality but was embarrassed. His teeth were broken, decayed and infected. He grew up in Mexico and didn’t have access to good dental care. He also had a few mountain biking accidents that caused even more problems. We knew there was a big personality hiding behind this broken smile.
We sat down with Omar and worked up a plan to give him a smile makeover at our Houston cosmetic dentistry practice. The smile makeover would be a long-term process, not something that could happen overnight or with just one or two dental visits.
Our first step was to create a wax model to show Omar how his finished smile would look. In order to do any cosmetic dentistry procedures, we first had to get rid of the infections in Omar’s gums and the cavities in his teeth. Once this was complete, our in-house Periodontist, Dr. Katie Akers, removed his gummy smile by lengthening his teeth. She also did a dental implant to replace a tooth that could not be saved. Next, we added porcelain crowns to all of his teeth. The porcelain crowns are tooth colored caps that give you a Hollywood smile.
When the smile makeover was complete, Omar’s big personality shined. His laughs are natural. His smile big. And, although he’s still shy in front of the camera, he’s not embarrassed. These cosmetic dentistry procedures changed him inside and out. Omar is now healthier –no longer smoking or drinking coffee. Omar will admit his old self is gone. His new one is here and ready to conquer the next challenge.
Don’t let your teeth hold you back.
Tags: Dental Implants, Houston Cosmetic Dentistry, Houston Smile Makeover, Porcelain Crowns